So if you follow the #vintagepledge, you may have seen this post a few weeks ago! I've been meaning to get the post up over here as well! I'm thrilled with how well this turned out and I really love how it fits. So here's the details on this fabulous make!
Butterick B6055, great pattern, beautiful dress. This pattern is one of the patterns in Butterick's Retro Collection from 1950. Super quick and easy pattern, very easy to read and fairly simple to follow.
I was a bit concerned that the collar would make this a bit more difficult, but not the case at all. The directions walk you right through the harder parts and everything went together like a breeze. I sewed a 14 in the shoulders and top of the bodice, and a 16 at the waist of the bodice and skirt.
So how much do you love these pockets!! They are the shit and I adore them. A friend of mine said I needed to put them on everything!
I used a lovely, bright floral fabric from my stash. I think I got this around tax time at JoAnn's on clearance for either $2.00 or $2.50 a yard!
All together, I think this took about 6 hours total over the course of a couple of weeks to finish. I love how it turned out and I will be making it again. I would like to do another in a solid color, perhaps with an altered sleeve style. This dress is very flattering and I love the way it fits me. Here's the pictures of the finished dress!
I felt completely stunning in these pictures and that was a much needed pick me up! Enjoy!